Any fluid circulation in the car is carried out forcibly.
The pump or pumps are used to operate the fuel and the cooling system.
Both types of machine have different features of construction and its operation.
Pompey motorists called the pump workingtogether with the engine. In any cars there are at least two types of devices. One performs forced pumping coolant overtakes another fuel tank in a car engine.
Average location of this specialpump for pumping coolant - the front part of the cylinder head. Structurally, the pump is a housing in which the impeller is mounted on the shaft. The latter is established in a pair of bearings (one on each end). The rotation of the shaft is torque transmission through the belt from the engine. Faulty pump leads to overheating of the motor and its further damage.
There are several signs of failure of the water pump:
- Readings, indicating a coolant temperature, are in the red sektore-
- There is a smell in the cabin cooling zhidkosti-
- There are extraneous noises (mostly the whistle, indicating the need for repair, replacement of pumps) -
- The vehicle drops visible coolant (leaks can be determined by paper, under the engine spread out and left overnight).
In some cases, possible partial repair of waterpump. For example, replacement of the shaft bearings. However, to restore the self-assembly, requires experience and appropriate tools and appliances. Therefore, it is more expedient to buy a new pump.
The task of the pump - the fuel supply to the engine. Earlier in gasoline cars used mechanical pumps. They had the drive directly from the engine - a special rod pushing the diaphragm, creating a vacuum and pumping fuel into the carburetor. Today, the vast majority of cars produced have the injection system and the electric fuel pump.
Its functions are:
- Delivery of fuel at a rate of 1-2 l / min.-
- Providing a constant pressure in the fuel system (approximately 700 MPa).
Modern fuel pump areelectric motor, which is rigidly connected to the working rotor propulsive fuel. The petrol pump is mounted directly in the car's fuel tank. In this fuel acts as a coolant and lubricant composition. Some car models have 2 pumps, one is considered to be important and is installed under the hood, the second worker is placed in the fuel tank.