Home / Jurisprudence / Legislation / WHAT IS INN



What is an INN</a>

With the advent of computers, local and global networks, it became possible to organize automated accounting in many government structures.

After all, accounting is necessary to obtain accurate statistical information, on the basis of which analyzes and forecasts are made.

This form of accounting is also the taxpayer identification number.

Why you need an INN

Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)Is assigned by the tax inspection at the place of residence or registration to individuals and legal entities. This is a unique number - a code that every taxpayer must have regardless of the form of ownership. This code consists of 12 digits, the first two are the code of the region where this individual or legal entity is permanently registered, the two following figures are the tax inspection number in which it is registered, the remaining eight digits are the serial number and check digits.
The TIN is required to identify anyA taxpayer who is registered as such on the territory of the Russian Federation. Under this number, tax authorities can control the charging and payment of taxes. The fact that you have a TIN will be confirmed by a document that is called "Certificate of Registration of a Physical (or Legal) Person in a Tax Authority in the Territory of the Russian Federation," in which this TIN is also indicated.

Once received TIN remains with a person forever, even when he changes the place of residence and other passport data.

You can require the certificate of INN in case,When you want to get a job in some state structure. You have the right not to tell it to anyone, even if you apply to the bank for a loan or you file your income statement with the tax inspectorate, employees will find this number on their database.

The taxpayer is obliged to all those who must pay taxes on the territory of Russia, including citizens of other states.

Do I need to change the tax ID when I change my residence permit or surname

If you have changed the place of permanent registration andHave registered with another tax inspection, and if you have changed your last name, first name or patronymic, the TIN does not change, but the form itself, in which the outdated information is indicated, is subject to replacement. With a statement on this you must apply to the tax office for a new place of residence or the same if there was only a change in the name.
Attach to the application an old certificate ofRegistration with the tax authority - a document that certifies your identity - a certificate of a new place of residence or a document-basis for changing the surname: certificate of entering into or dissolution of marriage, certificate of change of last name, first name or patronymic. In the tax inspection at the place of the previous registration, you do not need to file any information - they will remove you from the account on the basis of information provided from the passport office.

WHAT IS INN Was last modified: June 21st, 2017 By Qulfoyqd
It is main inner container footer text