Home / Animals / Treatment / WHAT to do if the dog ate a sock

WHAT to do if the dog ate the sock

/
112 Views

What to do if the dog ate the sock</a>

Sometimes dogs need care not less thanSmall children. If the owner is distracted even for a couple of minutes, a curious animal may have time to try on the tooth various objects that are in the zone of its access.

For example - to eat socks of the beloved owner.

The dog ate a sock - the first steps

The dog does not eat
Unfortunately, some animals, more often than not,Puppies, inedible objects draw to themselves, like a magnet, and the owner does not always keep track of his fast-paced pet. If you notice that the sock disappears in the mouth of your four-legged friend, but you do not have time to select your thing, first of all try to cause the dog to vomit. For this, the animal can be given a strong solution of salt or pour the same salt on the root of the tongue.
Will help to achieve the desired result and a largeThe amount of water (from half a liter to three liters, depending on the size of the animal), poured into the dog. Naturally, the animal does not want to voluntarily drink beyond what it needs, or consume salted liquid. You will have to draw water into the syringe without needles (it is more convenient to use a large syringe) and pour the liquid into the animal's mouth, while firmly fixing it and making sure that the dog does not choke. If you do everything correctly, soon the hosiery will come along with the vomit.

It makes sense also to apply to a veterinary clinic, where doctors, using special drugs, will cause the animal to vomit and remove a foreign object from it.

Sometimes the vomiting does not bring the desiredResult or the dog swallowed the sock a few hours ago, and such a method is already useless. In this case, it is better to wait until the element of your wardrobe leaves the dog's stomach naturally. If desired, you can speed up the process by giving the dog a laxative. As it can act vegetable oil. Just add a spoonful of oil in the usual meal of the animal and wait for the result. On a walk carefully inspect the piles left by your pet on the ground to make sure that the toe is gone.

When to go to a veterinarian

Dog asian how to feed properly
For many animals eating a sock passes withoutConsequences, and soon the object naturally leaves their body. However, you may have unforeseen difficulties. A textile product can clog the dog's intestines, causing obstruction. In the most severe cases, this can lead to death.

Especially dangerous cotton socks. This tissue is able to effectively absorb moisture and swell in the stomach, which makes it difficult to move along the digestive tract.

If within one or two days the sock does not come out of your pet, be sure to contact your veterinarian. A dog may need surgery, but then your pet will be healthy again.

WHAT to do if the dog ate the sock Was last modified: May 21st, 2017 By Riehuosj
It is main inner container footer text