Coughing is a natural reaction of the body to foreign bodies and microbes that get into the respiratory tract.
However, sometimes during coughing mucus is released, mixed with blood.
As a rule, it frightens and leads to terrible thoughts about serious diseases.
Blood together with a cough can be allocated for a reasonInjury or illness. Even the usual ORZ can provoke the appearance of blood veins in the mucus. And all because, all the mucous membranes become swollen and irritated during the illness, and even a slight cough can cause disturbance of small blood vessels.
Sometimes blood together with a cough is allocated and for very serious reasons. These are tuberculosis, chest injuries, pneumonia and cancers of the respiratory tract.
What to do with the first appearance of blood when coughing
The first thing that is important to take in this case isSeek qualified medical help, especially if a cough with blood occurs for the first time. The doctor needs to describe in detail the type of blood in the mucus, the nature of the cough. It is necessary to mention the following points, if they occur:
- the patient takes medications that can provoke bleeding (eg, acetylsalicylic acid) -
- the patient suffered pneumonia or chest injury-
- the patient systematically smokes-
- There are other symptoms (pain and fever, vomiting and nausea, shortness of breath or difficulty swallowing) -
- the patient underwent medical procedures, during which damage to the oral cavity or respiratory tract could occur.
When a person with difficulty coughs up a largeThe amount of blood, you should immediately deliver it to a medical facility. This symptom indicates a strong internal bleeding, resulting from an injury.
How to avoid a cough with blood
In cases where hospitalization or treatmentThe patient is not required, you can think about how to avoid such a strong irritation of the mucous airways. It is this aspect that leads to the appearance of blood during coughing.
A few tips on how to take care of the lung's mucosa:
- leave cigarettes in the past-
- Avoid contact with irritating substances-
- Avoid contaminated sites-
- if necessary, use protective masks-
- do not allow the appearance of blood clots-
- do not forget to take a chest X-ray every year.
Remember: The appearance of blood when coughing is a dangerous sign. Perhaps small vessels were damaged, but it is possible that this is a symptom of a dangerous disease. Be sure to consult a doctor at the first appearance of blood when coughing. Timely diagnosed and provided with medical help will help you to maintain health, and sometimes even life.