In Arabic, the word "Islam" means submission, obedience, and obedience. As the existing religions, Islam requires obedience and complete obedience to Allah.
The other meaning of "Islam" is translated as the world, which means that it is possible to achieve pacification of the soul only through obedience to Allah.
The five main pillars of Islam
In Islam, there are five main duties that have been prescribed by the adherents of this faith:
- There is no God but Allah, and Mohammed is his prophet messenger (shahada) -
- Five daily prayers (salad) -
- Fasting during the month of Ramadan (saunas) -
- Alms for the poor (sunset) -
- To make at least once in a lifetime pilgrimage to Mecca (Hajj).
Sources doctrine of Islam
The main source of dogma for Muslims - isKoran. It is understood by Muslims as the uncreated and the eternal "word of God", a revelation that Allah dictated to the Prophet Muhammad through his angel Gabriel. Just as the Christian God became incarnate for the Orthodox in Jesus Christ, God revealed himself in the book of the Koran. The second, less important source of beliefs among Muslims is the Sunnah, or sacred tradition, which describes examples of the life of the Prophet Muhammad. Sunnah are material to address the legal, religious, social and political problems that arise in the Muslim community.
The most important principles of Islam religion
The most important principle of Islam as a religion isstrict monotheism which is only unconditional and absolute. In the Qur'an, Allah is presented as both a supreme, all-powerful, menacing and at the same time as the compassionate, the merciful and forgiving God.
Islam in the expanded sense means the whole world, inwhich established the framework and operate all the laws of scripture. The Muslims have the concept of "Dar al-Islam", or the abode of Islam, as well as the opposite concept - the "Dar al-Harb," or territory of war, which is subject to conversion to Islam by means of the spiritual abode of war or jihad.
Fundamentals of Sharia
The laws of Islam are developed only on the basis of the hadith (the Prophet's speech) and the Quran. Concepts righteous life of a Muslim are as follows:
- Farz - an action that requires every believer to fulfill requirements for the fulfillment of which he will receive a reward of Allah, and for failure - severe punishment - transition in nevernyh- group
- Vazhib - as well as Fard, obliges believersdestined to perform, for the execution of which the believer is rewarded, but for failure to man does not fall into the category of infidels, but simply considered a great greshnikom-
- Sunnat - actions that must strive to fulfill every believer, for which he will be rewarded by Allah, but who for no reason does not perform Sunnat, in the day of judgment is on this sproshen-
- Mustahabb - actions to be performed by the Prophet or the believers, but the penalty for failing to follow not will-
- Haram - action that is strictly forbidden sharia for its execution provided for severe punishment (haram similar Orthodox 10 commandments).