When the child turns 4 years old, his cognitive activity increases. Parents should take advantage of this to help their child develop his intellect, skills and abilities.
It is not necessary to postpone preparation for school for the last year.
It is also not worth hoping that there will be enough educational activities in the kindergarten.
If you start with a kid at this age, schooling will be given to him very easily.
Many parents believe that in 4 years their childStill too small for any occupation. This is mistake. To postpone assistance in the development of the baby for later, this is one of the most common mistakes parents. In order to teach the child something new, you need to know that he must be able to at his age. This knowledge will also help to determine whether its development corresponds to age.
From the side of attention the child in 4 years should be able to:
- Perform the task given to him without being distracted for at least 5 minutes.
- Keep 5 objects in your field of vision.
- Without any help, find objects that are the same in form and color.
- Add 4-part images.
- Find differences and similarities in pictures and toys.
- Build simple constructions from the designer.
- Repeat for adults the actions shown in the sequence.
- Stomp your feet and clap your hands at the given word.
From the side of thinking the child in 4 years should be able to:
- Collect unassisted pyramid from rings (minimum 7 rings).
- Call the general group of subjects the general words.
- In groups of objects find those that do not fit in one or other of the given parameters.
- Search for pairs of subjects.
- To be able to choose the opposite words.
- Solve simple logical tasks.
On the part of memory, a child in 4 years should be able to:
- To repeat for adults several different syllables in a row.
- Be able to accurately perform a task consisting of 4 teams.
- From the first time to call the object, which disappears from the field of his sight.
- By ear, repeat for adults for 5 words in a row.
- Know a few small rhymes by heart.
- Tell the contents of the fairy tale read by adults.
- To reproduce in memory the bright events of life and recent events.
On the part of fine motor skills a child in 4 years should be able to:
- Run small tops.
- Thread string and beads.
- Tie knots on a thick rope.
- Be able to zip up buttons, buttons, hooks on your clothes.
- Join the bitmaps without taking the pens away from the paper.
- Color the drawings without leaving the contours.
- Painting simple pictures.
- Draw lines in the desired direction and size.
On the part of mathematical development, a child in 4 years should be able to:
- Show where in the room is one item, and where a lot.
- Find objects similar to geometric shapes.
- Distinguish between right and left hands, right and left, top and bottom.
- Count the items.
You can teach the child to take a walk. Going down the stairs, count the steps, swinging on the swing, also count. Count everywhere and everything you can count. The result will not take long.
On the part of speech development, a child in 4 years should be able to:
- Answering questions like a dog barks, a cat meows, etc.
- Tell what animals and people know how to do.
- Make up 4 sentences about this or that toy or picture.
- Understand the words of generalization.
- Coordinate words in the case, gender and number.
- Pronounce letters, except for sonorous and hissing.
Answer the simple questions asked to him.
To develop a vocabulary for a child, speech therapists advise to devote more time to reading. Also reading books before bed calms the kids, sets them up for sleep and has a very beneficial effect on their development.
From the outside world, a child in 4 years should be able to:
- Give your name and surname, and the names of your relatives.
- To know how old he is, the city in which he lives.
- To know the seasons and their characteristics, profession, appearance of the house in which he lives.
- Distinguish and know the taste of a minimum of 3 vegetables and 3 fruits.
If the child knows and can do everything described above,Hence, its development corresponds to the age of 4 years. Parents should not dwell on this alone. We must constantly strive to comprehensively develop the baby. In my personal example, show that knowledge is power. After all, for the child, his parents - this is the main pattern for imitation. He reads and copies their behavior. The more parents invest in their child at this age, the easier it will be for him when he goes to school.