Some part of the population can use a shock drill.
This is important when people with success and independently conduct various construction and repair work.
Those who do not know how to use it, it is advisable to master this matter.
The impact drill is a special kind of tool. It is designed for drilling holes in metal, wood and plastic. Externally it looks like an ordinary drill, but it includes a special mechanism that during the work makes the drill (clamped in the cartridge) produce pushing, like a hammer blow, movements. Such actions are necessary to carry out work with concrete, brick and other stone materials. It is used mainly for punching holes with a diameter of up to 15 mm. </ H2>
Using a Drill</ H2>
An electric tool is used for work. The power for a percussive drill is suitable from 400 to 700 W, but it is possible and more. On its body there is a switch, with the help of which they make a choice between two modes of operation - conventional and percussive drilling.
While working with a concrete wall, it is necessary to checkThe surface to be treated for the absence of electrical wires and cables, hidden pipes and other objects, only then proceed to drilling. It should be borne in mind that the size of the hole made in the wall will be larger than the diameter of the drill used for several millimeters. When preparing the hole for the dowel, its depth should be made up to 0.5 cm more than the length of the product. Concrete is processed at high speed, and the dust from the hole is removed with a rubber pear. It is difficult to work with a shock drill with concrete, the brand of which is above 300.
The hole in the wall made of bricks is a winnerDrill, periodically letting it cool down, immersing in water. Before drilling holes in the metal, this place should be hooked (make a small groove). Work on the tree must be conducted at high speed, and with plexiglas or porcelain - with the use of a drill bit, at low speed.
Drilling with impact is not performed in cases where it is possible to crack the material (for example, tiles or ceramic tiles), if it is close to the edges of the walls.
When making holes in the ceiling, on a drill bitYou can put a half of a plastic tennis ball, which will be a container for collecting the falling dust. The impact mode of the drill is not recommended to be used frequently, because this leads to a rapid failure of the drill.</ H2>
Rules of work</ H2>
While working with a drill, it is necessary:
- hold it so that the hand is along the drilling axis and perpendicular to the handle-
- Set the rotational speed in accordance with the diameter of the drill, the larger this diameter, the less its speed-
- Do not change the direction of rotation of the tool and its operating mode, if the engine is switched on,
- Drilling metals, ceramic tiles, wood at low speed (this is important if you make through holes, because you need to get neat edges) -
- do not reverse the rotation of the cartridge to remove the drill from the material - this can lead to its failure (reverse rotation is allowed when removing screws and screws) -
The mechanism of the impact drill is short-lived. Its details wear out over time, and it turns from the shock into the ordinary.
- monitor the cleanliness of the ventilation holes on the tool body.
According to the feedback of persons working with impact drills, it can be said that there are no difficulties in using them.</ H2>