Mediterranean style embodies the culture of life of the Mediterranean countries. It is characteristic of architecture, painting, everyday life of this region.
Particular influence - Greece, Italy. It harmoniously combines a spacious room and elegant decor elements.
This style approaches an old building or a new house, where the windows face south.
What are the features of this style?
• Furniture should be wooden and exclusivelyHandmade, a little squat. It can also combine an iron support, natural fabrics. Or there can be chairs of manual weaving from reeds or reeds.
• On open shelves you can see ceramic dishes that serve as an element of decor.
• Walls can often be made of rough plaster and ceramic tiles, tile or wood floors.
• There are no curtains on the windows. Use blinds made of natural materials, as well as shutters.
•; You can see lace products: napkins, capes on pillows or pillowcases, tablecloths.
•; From the accessories you can see hand-painted vases, various figurines, sea shells or seashells.
• The color range can vary from cold (Greek direction) and to warm shades (Italian).
What can you see when you enter the house with an interior in the Mediterranean style?
In this house there is a lot of space, furniture is only necessary. On the floor there are no covers, terracotta tiles are laid out. The floor and walls are white.
In the living room can be seen in the center of the largeWooden table handmade, around it exquisite chairs of the same material. A comfortable sofa combines wood and linen upholstery. Its landmark is a fireplace, you can see the brickwork. In the evening there can be a lot of guests for a cup of tea.
In the bedroom everything is arranged to minimalism: Bed, table, wardrobe, aged colors. The color range can be different: from cold shades - blue, white, yellow to warm - sunny, cream, green, olive. In the room there is a linen bed, bedspreads. It's always cool and spacious.
The bathroom can be seen completely in the facingTiles. The floor is a dark shade, the walls are azure or blue. Shelves and cabinets built into the wall. There is a lot of space, more coverage of the bath, washbasin and mirror.
In the kitchen, walls of roughly painted plaster,Near the sink is laid ceramic tile, floors made of clay materials. Terracotta colors predominate here. The kitchen is constantly eaten, because here in the center is a large table, and the working area is hidden in a certain niche. Kitchen furniture is wooden handmade.
Mediterranean style is a combination of modesty, elegance and space.