Many parents complain of sleepless nights,associated with poor sleep a child. At the same time scientists proved that the baby can sleep without waking up, 6-8 hours, beginning at two months of age, if nothing disturbs.
To teach the child to sleep at night, you need to attend to the matter immediately after birth.
For a child to learn to sleep at night, it should beunderstand how the nights sleep. And it consists of two phases - phase of REM sleep and deep sleep phase, which alternately succeed each other. Newborn babies do not know how to link them together, so often wake up at night.
To teach the child to sleep at night, you need to teach him how to connect the fast and deep sleep. If you do not do that as an infant, then teach your baby later in life will be even more difficult.
When a baby is born, you must be sure to follow these guidelines:
- Try to arrange for the child's individualbed in his bed (or even better - in a separate room), where it will not interfere with the extra noise, light and other unfavorable factors-sleep
- Create a child ritual retreat to sleep (eg, bathing, hygiene, dressing, feeding, reading tales, falling asleep) -
- Do not jump on every night and do not rustletake the kid on the handle on the first call - give him the opportunity to try to sleep (of course, we can not encourage your child to wait too long, bursting into tears) -
- If the baby cried, eliminate the cause (Wetdiaper, abdominal pain, hunger), slightly shake it on the handles, try to lay in bed again, sit side by side, pat his back and give yourself the opportunity to get to sleep) -
- Organize mode so that the baby does not fall asleep at the breast or bottle, food should not be associated with him snom-
- Despite the fact that many doctors recommenduse a pacifier, healthy mothers sleep is as important for the baby, so some children (especially those who are bottle-fed), it is necessary in order to satisfy the sucking refleks-
- Do not turn on the light in a child's room at night when he woke up - he had as an infant to understand that this is not the time for games-
- Cultivate patience in the child during waking hours - so it is to learn to fall asleep at night on their own, without waiting for your participation in the process of rapid connections and deep sleep phases.
Following these instructions, you will be able tothree or four months of a child's life to teach him to sleep at night without waking up more than 6 hours. Teach kids to associate sleep phase at such a young age, you will render him invaluable help, because his sound sleep and sleep mom - a pledge of its full development.
At older ages, teach your child to sleepthe night will be a bit more complicated, but the majority of these recommendations will help to do this much more quickly and without any problems for the baby's psyche.