The crisis of middle age is a difficult test for a person and his loved ones. It should be regarded as a temporary phenomenon.
The article defines the crisis, its features and symptoms.
Practical recommendations will help people who are experiencing this state and their immediate environment to go through this period without fatal losses.
The crisis of middle age is one of theVarieties of spiritual crisis, coming at the age of social and physical maturity. In its manifestations, it is similar to the crisis of the meaning of life. The difference is the age characteristic. Over the meaning of existence, they reflect in any period of life.
What is the crisis
This is a state where previously acquiredLife strategies and behavior patterns, as well as worldview principles, lose their relevance, and cease to work. Attempts to live the old way are doomed, and only exacerbate its manifestations.
Who is affected by the midlife crisis
More often, they are quite successful, wealthy peopleBoth sexes. They achieved a high status in social and personal life. Worthy coping with the provision of the family and raised the offspring. Characterized by established life, a constant scope of activities and interests.
Symptoms of a mid-life crisis
A growing sensation of joylessness, apathy, orDepression and even anguish. The whole previous life, with its achievements, loses significance. It seems to the person that he is a robot and did not live for himself, slavishly fulfilling duties in relation to others. A familiar environment and work, cause boredom and irritation. The working capacity decreases, the general condition suffers, the sleep is disturbed. There may be psychosomatic disorders (pain in different parts of the body, malaise) and neurotic manifestations. They are associated with attempts to force oneself to return to the old life.
Than such symptoms are caused
1.Hormonal changes in the body entering the final phase of existence. This is often accompanied by increased libido (attraction to the opposite sex). Desire to feel young.
2.Completion of the biological human program. Children grow up and become independent. Parents, excessively fixed on the life of offspring, after their separation experience a feeling of emptiness and uselessness.
3.A sufficiently high prosperity leaves a lot of free time, relieves the stresses of the bio-survival system. Not everyone is able to fill the vacated space, because They used to live intensively and fight for existence.
4. The decrease or absence of the sexual component with the usual partner in marriage.
5. The predominance of economic interrelations, over mental relationships, in the family and close environment of a person.
Typical mistakes made by people experiencing this crisis.
1. Trying to change everything. The most radical decisions are connected with the sale of business, departure to other places, break of relations with family and friends. They are perceived as fetters that interfere with a happy life. As a result, the loss of status and financial problems.
2. Creation of new families with young partners. Many see in such relations a return of meaning, the trend of youth. The cycle is repeated and the person gets into the same dependencies as before, but with other characters. At the moment of falling in love and rising of strength, for a time comes a sense of well-being. But the consequences are deplorable. Short-term rise, followed by a decline. Destroyed the usual, stable and reliable previous relationship. And the new connections - are more painful and complicated. Difference in age, turns into a difference of interests and needs. The feeling of age is aggravated, jealousy and discontent are growing.
3.Abuse of alcohol or other psychoactive substances. Euphoria and unconventional behavior associated with them creates the illusion of joy and fun. However, this short-term excitement, turns into severe depression, loss of authority, loss of health.
How to survive the crisis of middle age without loss
1. Know and understand that this is an age process associated with emotional and physiological restructuring of the body.
2. With increasing symptoms take a vacation and go to quiet places of nature (fishing, hunting) or another long voyage (to yogis to Tibet).
3. Get out of old stereotypes of behavior, and acquire new spiritual needs. To engage in personal growth, attend trainings, and acquire new knowledge.
4.When there is love, it's sensible to treat its manifestations, and not behave like a "rabid elephant" that destroys everything around. You can get all the sensations, without warning and traumatizing close people. Knowing for sure that they are finite.
5.; Any spiritual practice, especially qigong, wushu, yoga and others, is beneficial.
Tips for relatives of a person in crisis.
1. A lot of patience and understanding, despite the unpleasant and frightening manifestations.
2. Consider such a condition as temporary and painful.
3. Visit therapeutic support groups.
4. To search for new points of contact, to arouse new interest, to support spiritual search.
5. Do not do hasty, emotion-driven actions, leading to the destruction of family and everyday life.
In conclusion, it should be noted that the crisis -A kind of morbid condition. And like any such condition, ends with healing. A difficult period passes, and ends with a sense of maturity and peace. New spiritual interests take precedence over carnal needs, and life again acquires meaning. It turns out that no one is to blame for anything, and the death of the old ego, gives rise to new feelings of happiness and well-being. Only their source is changed - it is enclosed within every human being. A great truth is revealed - joy in the very life of living. It's so short.