The house, built by professional builders of quality material, can serve its owners for decades.
Errors made during construction reduce this period to several years. The most fatal errors are when laying the foundation.
The foundation laid above the freezing level of the soil, without strengthening the floating soils or with a height difference, the foundation will very quickly lead, and hence the deformation of the walls and possible collapse.
If you are a victim of the unscrupulous work of the contractor, you can go to court, and the house itself you will need to urgently strengthen.
Strengthening the foundation.
The method of strengthening the foundation depends on the type of deformation:
1. The integrity of the foundation itself has been violated. Cracks appeared in the solution. Remedy: injection of cement in the cracks and voids.
2. Decayed rottenness, because of which under the foundation found emptiness, or on the foundation increased load (superstructure). In this case, you can strengthen it by injecting the same solution under the base of the foundation.
3. In case the planned increase in the load is very significant, then the foundation should be strengthened by vibro-stamped piles-
4. When building outbuildings to the house due to vibration and deformation of soils, even the most solid foundation can lead. In this case, in addition to reinforcing the piles, it is necessary to strengthen the bearing walls with metal bands.
5. A universal way to strengthen the foundation? Expand it. Around the house a trench is pulled out to the depth of the base, it is scraped from the ground and construction debris, reinforcing bars with a cross section of at least 16 mm are driven into the foundation in a staggered order at a distance of 20 cm. They build a reinforcement belt, formwork and pour concrete.
Strengthening of walls.
If you have understood the foundation, it follows thatTo strengthen the walls. The most important problem, which leads to the destruction of walls in addition to the foundation? This is the lack of waterproofing. In this case, mastic is applied to the walls of the house on the basis of bitumen. But this method is not sufficiently reliable, as with time the bitumen breaks down and disappears. All the waterproofing will have to be updated anew.
A much more reliable way? This is the covering of walls with hydrophobic materials, which repel water from the surface, and also firmly adhere to the wall, penetrating into it to a depth of 1 cm.
The most expensive, but also the most reliable way: impregnating the wall with special waterproofing compounds. They can completely permeate the wall, becoming with it a single whole.
Do not forget to make a drainage of groundwater from the walls. To do this, a trench is pulled out around the house, which is clogged tightly.