And then came the day when you refused the USB-port.
How to make it work?
1. First try restarting your computer.
2. If the restart did not help, update the configuration of the hardware installed on the computer in the "Device Manager". To do this, click on the "My Computer" icon in the opened menu to select "Management". Next, look for the "Action" tab, "Update Hardware Configuration".
3. Disconnect the USB controller. Go to "Device Manager" and remove all USB controllers, restart the computer. Do not worry, they will appear after the computer is restarted.
4. You may have a damaged USB port. It is necessary to check its condition. It should look like the rest, look closely can, see any differences? Do you remember if there was anything unauthorized in the port?
5. Another option of USB inoperability is that the port is simply not connected to the motherboard. Maybe you took the computer apart and forgot to connect the connectors to the motherboard back?