Diseases of humans, animals and plants,Caused by parasitic worms (worms), are called helminthiasis. It is generally believed that worms are a disease of dirty hands, but even clean people are exposed to helminthosis, who have fallen into the contamination zone (poor-quality food in public places, etc.).
Because of the ability of helminths to localize inVarious organs and tissues, helminthiosis may occur under the guise of another disease, the treatment of which may not produce a result for years until the root cause is eliminated.
- Frequent diarrhea, constipation, spastic pain in the abdomen, nausea, sometimes vomiting, can be with the worms parasitizing the intestines-
- Yellowness of the skin, swelling, pain in the right hypochondrium can be with worms parasitizing the liver-
- Prolonged cough, chronic runny nose, pneumonia and bronchial inflammation, asthma may be due to worms parasitizing in the lungs-
- Hives, small rashes, allergies of different etiologies may also be due to helminthic invasion-
- Headaches, memory disorders, movement and sensitivity may be due to brain damage by some types of worms.
The main food of parasites is food (sometimesBlood) of a person. And its sufficient supply is the most favorable for them habitat and reproduction. The consumption of all useful substances by them leads to a deficiency of necessary nutrients in the human body. That is why weight loss, not associated with diet or inadequate food intake, may be a sign of helminthiosis.
The products of vital activity of parasites are sufficientPoisonous and can cause poisoning of the body, which manifests itself in the form of digestive and nervous disorders. Irritability, apathy, sleep disturbance, constant dizziness, headaches, general malaise, muscle aches may also be due to systematic poisoning of the body.
A common cause of low hemoglobin isHelminthic invasion - ascariasis. Ascarids refer to blood-sucking roundworms that live in the small intestine. In addition, passing its cycle of development, ascarids in the larval stage can affect the lungs and bronchi.
Toxins produced by parasites are capable ofAccumulate in the tissues. Over time, this can lead to changes in tissues, various seals and neoplasms, which in the future can acquire a malignant form. Scientific research has established a direct link of cancer with parasitism in the body of worms.
Helminthiasis is treated on the basis ofLaboratory and other diagnostic data. Some types of parasites require surgical treatment. The main prevention of helminthiosis is aimed at observing the rules of personal hygiene, the use of quality food and water, regular treatment and prevention of helminths in domestic animals.