Many parents are worried when they hear fromOthers that their kid in 1.5 years knows the letters, and his own already 3, but the process of learning the alphabet is moving very slowly. And it's not that you are not involved with a child or are being taught badly in a kindergarten.
Perhaps the reason is methodical illiteracy.
You will need
- - books
- - the alphabet in pictures
- - plasticine
- - magnetic alphabet
Prepare to learn the letters with the baby.
In order for a child to have an interest in letters, read books more often to him. It is recommended from the very first days of your baby's life to introduce him to nursery rhymes, jokes, lullabies, etc.
Later read the books with him so that he could see that there was something beautiful in his mother's hands, with affectionate words.
It is established that at the age of about 1.5 - 2 years the child begins to pay attention to the letters. The kid begins to take books himself and show how their mother reads them.
In the same period, we need to introduce the heroes of books, examining them.
Method of studying letters.
Buy a baby alphabet in pictures. It is more convenient, of course, to use individual cards, but if you do not find it, you can cut the poster alphabet. Do not give up and books, in which, in addition to the letter itself and the picture, there are funny poems.
The child may not understand what this poem is about, but if he sees and hears with what intonation his mother reads, he will know that this is a very funny and interesting book.
To study the letters should be, by entering 1-2 cards. They depict an object and the first letter in the title of this object.
Pronounce the name of the letter clearly, and then the name of the subject. Repeat several times.
Read the verses where this letter occurs, highlighting it with it.
If you read the alphabet with your child on a regular basis, the baby will soon begin to repeat the letters with you, and then learn them to recognize them when they see it in another book or on the signs on the street.
As a fix and repeat, ask the child to find a picture with the desired letter among the suggested ones.
When all letters are studied, repeat, use the same alphabet, offer the kid various tasks. By this you will develop the memory, attention, thinking of your child.
The attention of young children is still very unstable. Therefore, it is best to practice a little, but every day.
A child, no matter how much you like it, perhaps,Immediately can not repeat the name of the letter for you. When the baby is ready, he will say what letter it is. You can check the child's acquisition of knowledge by offering to show this or that picture. Ask him to find some letter in the list.
Do not force the child. This you discourage the desire to engage in, the next time he can protest when you will sit him down for classes. The kid himself will determine how much time will be enough for him. For young children it is very difficult to perceive such knowledge, so be tactful.
For better mastering of letters, you can also use the following exercises:
- pantomime, represent the letter of the alphabet, help the kid do the same thing-
- Ask the child to name the objects in the room on the given letter-
- often learn the alphabet to children helps singing in a singsong poem about the letter.
- with older children, you can make a book on each page of which will be the letter of the alphabet, and next to it? Drawing of an object whose name begins with this letter-
- Invite the child to draw, as they represent the letter, if she suddenly came to life. What is her character, facial expression, etc.-
- Together mold the letters from plasticine. This lesson is useful for fine finger motility, which contributes to the development of the child's speech-
- lay out the image of letters from various objects at home and in the street: from leaves, sticks, grains, etc.-
- Use the magnetic alphabet.