Dacha tracks can be made from asphalt, wood, pour concrete. But it is better to use paving slab.
It is easy to fit, and you can create ornaments that will decorate the landscape of the site.
Tools and materials
Sand, crushed stone or gravel, tiles, trowel, stakes(Metal or wooden), rubber hammer, twine, wooden kijan, rake, broom, watering hose with diffuser, manual tamping, cement M400 or M500 (can be replaced with dry plaster), geotextile. If you want curbs, then you will need a curbstone.
Step-by-step guide to laying paving slabs in the cottage
1. Make a markup on the terrain with a tape measure. Stroke the pegs along the edges of the garden path and set the border with a twine.
2. Measure the width and length of the area that you will tile. Multiply these values and you can find out how many square meters you need to purchase paving slabs, that is, the area of the fenced area. Also stock up with sand and gravel (you can rubble).
3. Make a base for laying the paving slab. To do this, deepen the surface of the future track by 20 cm, carefully remove all the roots of the plants, make sure that the seeds do not hit.
4. If the soil is dense, for example, clayey, and does not pass water, make a drainage. To do this, lay gravel or rubble on the bottom with a layer of 15 cm, tamp well, pour sand on it with a layer of 5 cm and moisten it with a spray hose. But pound the sand only after 3 hours, when it is completely impregnated with moisture.
5. To drain water, you can place geotextiles between gravel and sand. He will hold the sand and will not allow him to block the cracks in the gravel. In addition, geotextile allows you to make a reliable design, allowing you to serve for a long time and even withstand the load from the car.
The gravel layer can be replaced by coarse sand if you are building a path on soils where moisture does not stagnate, but easily escapes into the ground.
6. Prepare a cement-sand mixture (1 to 3) or take a ready dry plaster mixture. Loosen the cement-sand mixture over the sand, then level with rake and then a plank. Make a layer of 3-4 cm.
7. Now you can lay the tile itself. Do this from yourself, so as not to step on the prepared surface. Leave gaps between individual tiles of 1-2 mm. Tamp with a wooden kiyankoy. When the track is ready, level the irregularities with a rubber mallet.
8. Fill the joints with a cement-sand mixture or a dry stucco mixture, sweep the surface with a broom. And then moisten it with a spray hose.
If, when moistened from the hose, the layer of the mixture has slipped in the slots, fill it out again. There should not be any gaps. The important point is that the sand to fill the slots should be very clean and shallow.
After 2-3 days on the path, paved with sidewalk tiles, you can walk.
If you need to make a rounded pathForm, do the base, as written above. Then lay all the whole tile, and try on the extreme and draw a border line on it, then cut off the extra Bulgarian.