To get acquainted with the schedule of the Olympic Games in Sochi in 2014, you can already on the official website of the event, as well as on many other portals dedicated to the preparation for the games.
In addition, already during the offensive of the Olympics, the schedule of these or other sports matches will be covered by almost all the media.
The Olympic Games will be held in severalAreas of Sochi: in the Coastal Cluster (Olympic Park) and the Mountain Cluster in Krasnaya Polyana. The dates of the competitions for different types of winter sports are from 6 to 23 February.
The official opening and closing of the 2014 Olympic Games will take place on a specially constructed stadium "Fisht", the capacity of which is 40 thousand people.
Competitions on hockey for people among men and women will take place:
- in the ice palace "Bolshoi" from 12 to 16 February inclusive, and then, after one day break, from 18 to 23 February-
- in the ice rent "Shayba" from 8 to 19 February.
Athletes in the discipline of "speed skating" will compete in the framework of the constructed arena "Adler" according to the following numbers:
- from 8 to 13 February inclusive-
- then 15-16, 18-19 and 21-22 February.
Sportsmen representing two disciplines will compete in the Iceberg Winter Sport Palace:
- short track: 10, 13, 15, 18 and 21 February-
- skating: 6, 8-9, 11-14, 16-17, 19-20 and 22 February.
The specialized curling center will host the games from 10 to 21 February.
Mountain cluster in Krasnaya Polyana
In the complex "Laura" there will be competitions on:
- Biathlon: 8-11, 13-14, 16-17, 19 and 21-22 February-
- Cross-country skiing: 8-9, 11, 13-16, 19 and 22-23 February.
The complex "Russian Hills", built for jumping from a springboard:
- ski jumping from the springboard: 8-9, 11, 14-15 and 17 February-
- Nordic combined: 12, 18 and 20 February.
The center "Rosa Khutor" will receive:
- mountain skiing: 9-10, 12, 14-16, 18-19 and 21-22 February-
- freestyle: 6, 8, 10-11, 13-14, 17-18 and 20-21 February-
- Snowboard: 6, 8-9, 11-12, 16-17, 19 and 22 February.
In the Center of Luge Sports:
- bobsled: 16-19 and 22-23 February-
- Skeleton from 13 to 15 February inclusive-
- Luge from 8 to 13 February.
In each schedule of competitions there are intraspecific divisions at a distance, male and female varieties, as well as sports subspecies.
Especially for the guests of the Sochi Olympics,As stated, the organizers will try to make the schedule available as simple and transparent as possible. In all hotels, collection points and the main places of the city there will be brochures with data on various competitions.
On possible changes in the schedule guestsEvents will be informed in the shortest possible time by means of an alert, which is called "directly on the spot", as well as on the official website of the Olympic Games and the portal of the Russian Olympic Committee.