"How to store tangles of thread?" - a question that worries not only novice needlewomen, but also professional masters.
So, take into account the rules of storing threads, as well as a list of suitable storage locations for them.
Rules for storing tangles of thread
In order that the thread does not lose its qualities, elasticity and strength, they should be stored at a temperature of +10 to +25 degrees. The humidity in the room should not be more than 60%.
For the storage of tangles it is recommended to use special containers with holes for ventilation.
In addition, the storage of coils should be outside the zone of sunlight, otherwise the thread may lose its original color.
Principles of sorting spools of threads
To facilitate your work, sort the threads:
- by color-
- by weight and number-
- by composition-
- on projects.
Spreading balls according to color, youSave your time in search of the right skein of yarn. Sorting by weight and quantity of yarn is very convenient in case when you need to quickly find the thread in the right amount before starting work.
You can also distribute the balls for quality andThe composition of the yarn. For example, threads from synthetic fibers can be put in one box, and threads from mohair or wool - in another. In this case, do not forget to make an explanatory inscription on each box.
If you prefer to knit a few thingsAt the same time, distribute the coils of thread along the projects. To do this, add a knitting pattern, the required amount of yarn and a handy material into a separate container.
Top-10 storage places for tangles of threads
After you choose for yourself the mostA convenient sort of sorting of tangles of threads, safely proceed to the choice of a place for their storage. There are many different original vaults that can surprise with their surprise and simplicity. The Top-10 list contains the most popular ones.
Also, the tangles of thread can be stored in dense plastic bags, in which there are small ventilation openings.
1. Transparent container. Convenient is that through it you can see the whole range of threads.
2. Shelving. This option is ideal for professional masters.
3. A box of shoes. Spread the thread on the boxes, be sure to make a tip on the side.
4. Suspended textile shelf. You can buy such a shelf in a specialized store or make it yourself.
5. Wicker basket. It will not only serve as a storage tank for thread coils, but will also become an excellent decor element for your room.
6. Boxes of paper handkerchiefs.
7. Glass jars.
8. Special containers for knitting.
9. Empty boxes from the CD-ROM drive. Having made a hole in the lid under the thread, you can knit with several threads, not being afraid to get confused in them.
10. Given that hand-made is now fashionable, you can make shelves in the form of a "battery" of cans of coffee or rolls of toilet paper. To do this, decorate the surface of the container to your taste, then seal one of its sides with double-sided adhesive tape and glue it to the wall. Do the same with other banks (rolls).