During the tuning of the brake system, we limited ourselves to banal replacement of brake drums with discs, as it turned out, does not work.
A full-scale modernization of the brake system of the car begins with the replacement of the hydraulic brake line and ends with the installation of disc mechanisms.
You will need
- - a key for brake pipes,
- - A device for expanding the tubes.
In order to reduce the cost of cars andIncreasing the economic effect of production, car manufacturers are currently installing steel brake pipes. But not so long ago the hydraulic drive of the brakes was equipped with copper tubes, which have increased corrosion resistance compared to their iron counterparts, thus prolonging the machine's overhaul mileage.
During the tuning of the brake system, as a rule, copper tubes of increased diameter are installed in the hydraulic drive. This entails the replacement of all the connecting points of the pipeline.
One of the painstaking moments of modernizationBecomes a cutting of blanks and flaring of tubes. In this case, a special device is used, which significantly simplifies the process of tuning the brake system.
This device has a pipe cutter, which cuts the tube, intended for installation in the hydraulic drive after the expansion.
Working with the device is quite simple, certainly will not cause complications in many motorists and is as follows:
- the surface of the tube is degreased with acetone,
- the workpiece is securely clamped in the device so that a segment of 5 mm-
- the end of the copper tube is processed by the flaring mechanism,
- the tube, the end of which is flared successfully, is released from the grip, and on it both metal fittings-
- the second end of the tube is clamped in the device and expanded in a manner similar to the previous one.
When you do the above manipulations, the tube with the flared edges will be ready for installation in the prepared place for the hydraulic drive of the brakes.