There are situations when the car owner does not want or can not afford to repair or replace a car battery.
And if the electrolyte level has dropped to the level of threatening? Add electrolyte to the faulty branch in such a situation is vital.
We'll have to arm themselves with knowledge of chemistry and simple device.
You will need
- - Acid-resistant dishes with capacity of 4-5 liters (heat-resistant glass flask, ceramics, lead or ebony)
- - Hydrometer with suction tube, thermometer
- - Wand of hard rubber or glass
- - Rubber pear with a tip which is resistant to acid
- - Capacity of 1 liter and a few with small divisions to 0.1-0.2 l
- - Distilled water intended for accumulators
- - Sulphuric acid battery
Pour into prepared acid resistant container with distilled water. The amount determined in advance by a table.
Add to the sulfuric acid. The amount should also be carefully calculated. Be sure to do it in a thin stream while stirring continuously with a glass rod or ebony.
Cool electrolyte to + 25 ° C and check the density of the substance. Adjust density to the required number. This is done in distilled water or sulfuric acid.