The exercise "birch" known among our compatriots is nothing more than one of the asanas of yoga, which is called Sarvangasana.
It belongs to a group of so-called inverted asanas and is quite difficult to perform, but the effect is worth it.
What is affected by the "birch"
- Because of the inverted position of the body there is a powerful blood flow to the brain, it is saturated with oxygen.
- There is a stimulation of the thyroid gland, which normalizes the activity of hormones and strengthens the immune system.
- Pressure in the pelvic region is normalized, which alleviates suffering in hemorrhoids.
- The pose helps to focus, relieve fatigue, find harmony of the soul and body.
There is also an opinion that Sarvangasana is especially useful for women who dream about a child. Ostensibly accepted immediately after coition, the pose of the birch helps in conception. However, this fact has not been verified.
How is Sarwangasana performed
Before performing Sarvagasana, it is necessaryPrepare the muscles, warm them up. To do this, you can do several exercises before doing it. If the asana is performed in conjunction with other yoga postures, you need to do it at the end of the session.
Those who perform this exercise recently, it is worthTake care to reduce the discomfort in the neck. It is better to perform asana on a special yoga mat, or on a dense blanket to reduce possible pain.
Technique for performing the posture
The full name of this position sounds like "salamba sarvangasana 1"
1. Lie on your back.
2. Bend your knees and pull them to your chest.
3.; Raise the pelvis, supporting the body from behind with arms bent at the elbows. The knees can touch the forehead.
4. Do not hurry, straighten your legs without jerking.
5.• Ensure that the legs are perpendicular to the floor, for this purpose, try to move the pelvis forward. Hands help to keep the body in the right position. The main load should fall on the shoulders, not on the cervical spine.
6. You can stay in this position until you feel discomfort. Ideally, you can make up to 10 breaths-exhalations and start out.
7. To exit the asana, you first need to bend your legs, then lower your pelvis, and then straighten your legs to a prone position.
Performing asana at a slow pace, breathing is even.
There are more complicated options for sarvangasana:
- salamba sarvangasana 2 - hands are removed from the back and stretched parallel to the floor (you can twist your fingers into the lock) -
- niralamba sarvangasana 1 - direct hands are moved to the position behind the head-
- niralamba sarvangasana 2 - hands are located along the legs.
If there is a desire, you can master these options asana. It is better to do this in the order in which they are listed, sequentially moving from a lighter position to the most difficult one.
Do not practice this asana to people with high blood pressure and also to those who have suffered injuries to the cervical spine.