Living next to an alcoholic is unbearable.
Many do not stand scandals, beatings and leave.
Well, they have the right to it.
But there are some who do not give up and are ready to fight to the last with the "green serpent" for a loved one.
First of all, it is important to understand that alcoholism -A chronic disease associated with a violation of fermentation, responsible for the processing of alcohol by the body. In other words, an alcoholic can never drink as a healthy person, just as a person with lactose intolerance can not drink milk. Alcoholism does not go away completely, but you can achieve a stage of remission and make efforts to ensure that this stage never ends.
Treatment of alcoholism is conducted on two mainDirections: medicamentous and psychotherapeutic. Suppressing the desire to drink with medicines, it is important to show a person how good life is without a "degree" and help him to adapt to a sober existence. Throughout the treatment an important role belongs to the close people of the alcoholic - parents, spouses or adult children.
First of all, you need to understand what you should not do:
- Solve the problem of an alcoholic: Lie on his work, lend, give away his debts, buy alcohol. Let him not trust in you. If he finds himself in a difficult situation, he will soon make a decision about treatment.
- Force to drag to a narcologist or psychiatrist. While the decision on the need for therapy does not appear in the dependent's own head, all attempts at treatment are in vain. Patients flee from the clinics, get drunk right after the coding.
- Threaten with care, divorce, treatment in policeAnd do not do anything about it. If after the first promises this frightens, then after the second or third time your words do not produce any effect. If you promise to leave, go away, and do not come back until you see that a serious treatment has been started.
- Hide the problem from friends andRelatives. Silence will deprive you of understanding and help, as well as increase the number of embarrassing situations. If you let me know about alcohol addiction, others will ponder before offering to drink "one glass" on a family feast.
- Drink before the eyes of an alcoholic and keep in the housealcohol. It is not difficult to guess that a bottle of wine or vodka will cause unpleasant associations and undesirable temptations in a sick person. Be in solidarity. It's best if you also completely give up alcohol.
- Pour medicines and herbs into drinks and food. Do not forget that in this way you can poison. From an assistant and a virtue you can become a murderer. Do not joke with folk methods.
What to do?
When an alcoholic is drunk, talk to himuseless. Wait for the moment when he stops, sober, will come out of the binge. You must convince him to turn to a specialist who will help him to refrain from drinking alcohol medically, and also conduct psychotherapy.
If the alcoholic is weakly motivated to be treated, youYou can list him the dangers of his illness and the losses that he will incur in the future: work, family, relationships, respect, money, health. You also have the right to issue an ultimatum that if he does not get rid of addiction, then you will go to extreme measures.
Help me find a good clinic, goodSpecialist. Rely, first of all, on the recommendations of friends who are faced with a similar problem. You can independently seek help from a psychotherapist who will advise you and tell you how to behave in your situation better. Also, be sure to find the nearest association of anonymous alcoholics.
If your loved one has already started therapy and notHe drinks, he faces new problems. He soberly assesses the losses that alcoholism brought him, sees how the attitude of others has changed towards him, realizes "what he has come to." At this time it is important to support, strengthen his self-esteem. Do not cut for the past, but draw the attention of the patient to the values that have remained, for future prospects. Build joint plans, praise for your first successes.
It is important to teach the alcoholic to do wellFree time on a sober head. Learn new hobbies, have a hobby, travel. Play board games, watch interesting films, study painting or music. You can remember about those classes that replaced alcohol. The main thing is that the patient should be able to escape from bitter thoughts and desire to drink.