Activated carbon is an affordable preparation that excels from the body toxins, toxins and allergens.
It is used for the treatment of adults and children in medical institutions and at home.
The preparation of activated carbon rendersEnterosorbiruyuschee, detoxification and anti-diarrhea effect. Has a high porosity, thanks to a special treatment. Very effectively absorbs poisons, allergens, gases, toxins, medicines for overdose, bacteria and alcohol.
In addition to harmful substances, the drug also absorbs microelements, vitamins and beneficial intestinal microflora, which is important to consider when long-term treatment.
Indications for use
Activated carbon is used for:
- various intoxications (dyspepsia, flatulence, fermentation processes, increased acidity of gastric juice and diarrhea) -
- poisoning with salts of heavy metals, drugs and food-borne diseases -
- intestinal infections: dysentery and salmonellosis-
- cirrhosis of the liver, acute and chronic hepatitis and renal failure-
- allergic diseases: Quincke's leak, bronchial asthma, atopic dermatitis, urticaria-
- metabolic disorders-
- poisoning with narcotic, psychotropic drugs and alcohol-
- preparation before intestinal diagnosis (for adsorption of gases) -
- cleansing the body and as a complex therapy for weight loss.
Accept activated carbon is necessaryAccording to the annotation. Contraindications for use are: peptic ulcer, gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcerative colitis and intolerance of the drug.
In the treatment there may be side effects: Diarrhea, indigestion and constipation. If activated charcoal is taken for a long time - note a decrease in absorption of fats, proteins, hormones and vitamins. Allergic reactions occur extremely rarely.
Activated Carbon Dosing
The amount of activated carbon in poisoning andIntoxication is calculated - twenty to thirty grams each in the form of an aqueous suspension: the desired amount of powder for the suspension is diluted in 100-150 milliliters of water (1 gram contains 1 teaspoon). In case of acute poisoning, gastric lavage is performed with a 10-20% suspension, after which they switch to oral administration, 20-30 grams per day (twenty grams are contained in one hundred tablets).
When there is a metabolic disorder, allergicDiseases, the drug is taken orally for one hour before eating or after eating. The daily dosage is from one hundred to two hundred milligrams per kilogram of weight. Usually for adults it is two tablets three times a day, for children - one tablet from one to three times a day. The therapy lasts from three to fourteen days. Two weeks after the treatment, the drug can be repeated. It is not recommended to take the medicine every day, since the risk of developing avitaminosis is very high.
A single dose of taking the drug is calculated as follows: one tablet per ten kilograms of a person's weight.