Home / Rest and Holidays / Other / How do the gipsy barons live

How do the gipsy barons live

/
103 Views

According to a number of researchers, currently only 5% of the Roma people live in luxury - the remaining 95% live in conditions that can be called beggarly.

Instructions

    1

Barons call the heads or leaders of the RomaCommunities, but among the Roma themselves this word is rarely used. Barons, communicating with non-gay people, they call not only the head, but also elected representatives or elders. The fact is that the word "baron" is in tune with the rather common expression among Roma "rum baro", which in translation means an important gypsy. Barons in the true meaning of this title are not in either the Romany language or culture, since representatives of this people do not have a hereditary aristocracy.

    2

Modern gypsies can be divided into two mainGroup - those who have been sedentary for many years, and nomads. Hierarchy, organization of life and cultural characteristics depend on the group to which the Roma belong. This also determines the peculiarities of the life of the gypsy barons among the Roma community.

    3

The incomes of barons can be composed of giftsOrdinary Roma and reach hundreds of millions of euros per year. Simple tabor representatives pay a certain percentage of all their incomes, including from criminal and semi-criminal activities. Sometimes gypsy barons tend to surround themselves with luxury, showing wealth. For example, in order to complete the interior decoration of the Florian Chaaba mansion, the masters needed more than 50 kg of gold.

    4

Modern barons can be endowed with a broadA spectrum of powers - they are both official representatives of the clan, and judges for their fellow tribesmen, and protectors of their interests. It is known that conflicts of various kinds that arise among Roma are often resolved without appeals to the appropriate official authorities. When the gypsies need to resolve any difficult situation, they go to the baron - he will judge, help with advice, and sometimes he will provide financial assistance. There are also cases when it was the barons who addressed the official representatives of local authorities with the initiative to create schools for Roma children.

    5

In Europe in recent years, the number ofCrimes committed by gypsies (both local and foreign), and the perpetrators of almost half of them are minors. The self-proclaimed "king of all gypsies", the Romanian gypsy Florin Chaaba, unlike many other barons, recognized the need for schooling for Roma children. He repeatedly appealed to his fellow tribesmen with calls to take care that their children graduated from school. Thus, "the king of all the Gypsies" tried to help his people cope with poverty without engaging in crime.

    6

At the same time, some modern barons do notOnly try to take into account the opinion of the public, but are also ready to change some of the Gypsy traditions that have evolved over the centuries. For example, Chaaba admitted that he was wrong when he tried to marry his twelve-year-old daughter. The news about the upcoming wedding aroused public resonance, as a result, the father publicly announced that he intends to continue fighting this tradition among the Roma population.

How do the gipsy barons live Was last modified: May 21st, 2017 By Baezuygt
It is main inner container footer text